12 October 2016

OctPoWriMo 12 - Sing of Care

Today's prompt is strong. I decided to challenge myself today. I really love the Blitz poem form, but I've written so many of them they're kind of getting easy. So I wrote a rhyming Blitz poem today. It was a lot of fun, and I think the lines flow even more quickly and smoothly than in a non-rhyming Blitz.

Sing of Care

Hear me roar
Hear me sing
Sing of war
Sing of flying
Flying far
Flying high
High until I touch a star
High and loud my battle cry
Cry at night upon my bed
Cry until my eyes are red
Red the blood of angry men
Red a world about to dawn
Dawn the sun will rise again
Dawn the night is gone
Gone is dark and cold
Gone are dreams and goals
Goals have changed
Goals now exchanged
Exchanged for better things
Exchanged and gained
Gained now are my wings
Gained where once was chained
Chained and weighted down
Chained no longer now
Now I wear a crown
Now I do not bow
Bow only to pray
Bow not to men
Men will all betray
Men and also women
Women are the same
Women share the blame
Blame gets tossed around
Blame will help no one
One way we can be found
One way we can outrun
Outrun our weakened flesh
Outrun and find our home
Home where we’re refreshed
Home no more to roam
Roaming is a chore
Roam the wilds no more
More time to rest
More love to share
Share your best
Share and care
Caring is strong
Care will be your song
Strong...
Song...

1 comment:

  1. This is a very deep poem. Much to ponder there.
    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete