14 October 2014

OctPoWriMo 14 - Cheese

Today's prompt offered several quotes from poets past. I chose G.K. Chesterton: "Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." I did actually write a trochaic tetrameter that mentions cheese before, but I decided to throw together another one today.

Cheese

I have written of cheese before;
I will write of cheese again:
Cheese and bacon—I want more!
Whoops! My diet’s down the drain.
Cheez Whiz? Never! Icky stuff.
All my dairy must be real.
Now I guess I’ve had enough,
Just until another meal.


5 comments:

  1. Great job with using one of the quotes for inspiration. I actually found it kind of hard this time around.

    http://sellecameron.blogspot.com/2014/10/uninspired-octpowrimo2014-day-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And I can't stand Cheez Whiz either. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so hopeful someone would write of cheese. Wonderful, unfathomably delectable, poetic cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I'm impressed that you took the 'cheese' prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness I'm not the only one who wrote about cheese! ^_^

    ReplyDelete